Emma Gray, Women’s Editor of HuffPo gave us a whole new reason for self-love this week with: ‘34 Tweets Nail Being A Grown-Ass Woman With A Job’. One of the quotes that is most relevant here is an ‘excuse’ from one #Girlboss: ‘Sorry I’m late, I couldn’t figure out a good time to come out of the revolving door’. Ever had that problem? I’m sure you can relate. After reading, not only did I feel a whole lot better about myself it also gave me the impetus to wrap up a slightly delayed blog post. Now with the revolving door firmly behind me, I’m ready to share my wrap up of LFW.
I love good ol’ blighty and after a 10 day stint in sub-zero temperatures (looking at you, NYFW) there’s nothing better than coming back home to a nice cuppa and my own bed! However, there are a few more reasons why London Fashion Week is one of my favourites (not biased at all, not one bit):
- I get to sleep in my own bed (oh did I mention that already? Ok well it counts twice! Excuse me, sleep is a luxury!)
- I have access to my ENTIRE wardrobe
- No, I didn’t have to retrieve my clothes from a suitcase only to find they have more wrinkles than a Shar Pei (cute on the dog, not on me).
- Unlike New York, it rarely snows in London (check out my NYFW post to see just how unprepared I was!)
- In the words of ManRepeller’s Leandra Medine, ‘It’s much more relaxed than NY, not quite as serious as Milan and it certainly doesn’t have the gravitas that Paris (has)…’
- My city, my rules. I know all the best places to go and more importantly, where to avoid…If you don’t believe me check out My London Hotspots
- LFW is home to some of my favourite designers: Erdem, Burberry, Christopher Kane, Peter Pilotto and Mary Kataranzou
- It also plays host to some of the best up and coming designers: Marques’Almeida, Toga, Natasha Zinko etc.
- I don’t have to worry about finding power adaptors – the struggle is all too real.
Now for the outfits, let me know which look is your favourite in the comments box below. Remember to leave your Instagram handle or blog address so I can like and comment on your pictures!
1. Alexander Lewis Presentation & Emilio De La Morena Show
‘Oh’ intarsia wool sweater by Bella Freud
Fringed mini skirt by Christopher Kane
Cutout studded suede sandals by Azzedine Alaïa
Mini 2jours leather tote by Fendi
Rounded cat-eye caged sunglasses by Linda Farrow
Picture credit: @DavidNyanzi
2. Christopher Kane Show
Blazer by Balmain, shop similar here
Pleated mini skirt by Alexander Wang, shop similar here
Asymmetric hem pleated skirt by McQ by Alexander McQueen
Suede high boots by Azzedine Alaïa, shop similar here
Rockstud suede clutch by Valentino, shop similar here
Embellished sunglasses by Fendi
Picture Credit: @Webstylestory
3. Natasha Zinko Presentation
Over-sized denim jacket by Natasha Zinko, shop similar here
High neck ribbed top by Topshop
Mini skirt by Alexander Wang, shop similar here
Ankle boots by Malone Souliers
Fringed bucket bag by Saint Laurent, shop similar here
Picture Credit: @Fashionisstable
4. David Koma show
1. Brits After Party – Warner Music
Picture Credit: Dave Benett
2. Naked Heart Foundation Gala
Picture Credit: Dave Benett